[UPDATED 7/5/15] Reviewing the best weapons in Respawnables

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[UPDATED 7/5/15] Reviewing the best weapons in Respawnables

Post by deus on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:52 pm

UPDATED 7/5/15

- Mini-Gun has been added
- Updated best/worst weapons

I'm going to review the best weapons in Respawnables. Since there are events with new weapons, I'll do my best to review/update most of them if they are very good to use on regular.

NERFED* 1. MIB Noisy Cricket - As of the latest update or the one before since the Easter Event, this weapon has been NERFED! It will take your health bar all the way to the last point, but will NOT kill you in one shot anymore! This has ended the reign of Noisy Crickets OP-ness. Yes!

Pros: Close and medium-range powerful shots
Cons: Rebound effect that occurs after each shot.

2. Blunderbuss - This close-range weapon can be as overpowered as the Noisy Cricket if you got all max speed bonuses. You can run around and one-hit people endlessly unless you get taken out by a long-range weapon or headshot with the Revolver or Sniper.

Pros: Close range and benefits the speed demons.
Cons: Accuracy is mediocre and range is minimum

NERFED*3. Double Barrel Shotgun - This shotgun holds twice the power of the normal shotgun and has some range to it. Basically a merciless and more manageable Blunderbuss.

Pros: Speed demons second best friend, and takes out your opponents faster and somewhat more accurate than the regular shotgun and Blunderbuss.
Cons: Reload is slow

*It was rumored before I joined Respawnables that this shotgun was the first OP weapon with fast reloading or pump action. I cannot officially declare this as true.

Pros: Takes out opponents faster at a close/medium-ranged distance.
Cons: Range and agility is decreased

5. Howitzer gun - I personally would place this higher on the list of OP weapons, but the Howitzer is somewhat still balanced stats wise. This is basically an accurate, fast loading launcher with large damage. There's slim chances of you surviving the Howitzer from a distance unless you have a Revolver, or somehow get close behind with the Blunderbuss.

Pros: High accuracy and damage
Cons: Slow reloading speed and agility.

NERFED *6. Flare gun - One shot. One kill. Semi-auto lock-on when aiming. Standing opponents are easier to hit then those strafing.  

*Along with the DBS, it was [said] by Chase that the Flare Gun was nerfed down, again, before my time.

Pros: One hit kill, Best weapon with agility AND one-shot weapon
Cons: Accuracy is decreased, 1 shot per load, loading takes 2 seconds

*NEW* OP 7. Thumper - This is a major upgrade from the Howitzer. More mobility, more power. This weapon does not have auto-aim, but you can create a blast effect that will surely take down your enemies in a reasonable distance. If I had to decide, this beats the Double Barrel Shotgun, Howitzer, and rivals with the Noisy Cricket.

Pros: More mobility, More power
Cons: Still has the damage inflicted on the user and the enemies around you if used too closely. (Just like Howitzer), Manual aim, very limited ammo per shot. (reloading speed is average). You can be basically immune to thumper with the armor you could exclusively obtained from Grenade Fest this year.

*New* 8. Automatic Shotgun - The first automatic shotgun in-game that does massive close range damage. Same stats as DB Shotgun. 7 rounds, medium loading speed

Pros: Close to mid-range damage is decent. Mobility is similar to DB Shotgun. Not pump-action
Cons:  Takes several shots to kill opponent at mid-range.

*New* 9. Fire Fist - This new Flare/Plasma Cannon crossover that does medium damage at far-range and more damage at close-medium range. More mobile and powerful than Plasma Cannon but has same mechanisms basically.

Pros: Agility and Damage at it's highest. Can do damage for still and close to mid-range opponents.
Cons: Takes 3-4 shots to accurately hit opponents. Does inflict damage upon users at close range. Free-range aiming makes it harder to target moving opponents.

*NEW* OP 10. Dragon Breath Cannon - This is like Howitzer 1.2. About half more powerful being that two rounds makes up the damage of howitzer with four rounds.

Pro: One-two hit kills upon challengera wiyh less anti-explosive armor. Same mechanics as Howitzer. Slightly more power than Howitzer and Thumper personally.

Cons: This is where it gets the blows. As much as the Dragon Cannon is a powerful weapon, it has major flaws. Very slow reloading (though I tested in TDM and the reloading is half as fast than in FoF, so I'm guessing it was nerfed for that). It reflects damage upon user as expected. A bit slower than the Howitzer. Like I said, it has the same mechs as the Howitzer pretty much. This weapon would be more hot if there were a lot less anti-explosive armor or had a non-explosive damage type that was like the Fire Fist.

11. Revolver - The best agility AND cash weapon you can get in the game. You can do pro headshots, close, medium, and long range shots with a steady reloading speed and max agility. This is a weapon you will want to keep close to you when all else fails.

Pros: Everything.
Cons: Cons? What cons? It's the only balanced weapon in the game.

*NEW* Hunter Shotgun - Unfortunately I was unable to do this year's Easter event and cannot give you the most honest review about this. But sourcing from videos of users using this, it is basically a long-range shotgun with high-damage.

Pros: Long range damage, free range.
Cons: Lacks strength in close range shots

*NEW* OP12. Battle Ram - As of June 2015 this is the most overpowered rifle weapon in the game. It is a $20 weapon with sick damage and insane aim that will obliterate opponents effortlessly in 3 or less shots. This is a lazy, overpowered, pay-to-win weapon and I encourage you to NEVER buy this or EVEN CONSIDER it if you don't want what happened with the Noisy Cricket. AKA: Noisy Cricket 2.0

Pros: Insane damage, Insane aim. Can kill anyone across the map. Lots of ammo, decent reload speed, single shot, auto-aim, overpowered.

Cons: Pay-to-win basically. In order to get this, you have to pay $20 in real cash. Slow fire rate, and swaying while auto-aim and moving.

*NEW*13. Mini-gun - Obtainable in the July 2015 as the final tier prize. The best heavy-machine gun in the game above Siege Cannon.

Pros: Fast fire rate, more agile than the Siege Cannon, more deadly at mid to close range assault. Has heavy ammo.

Cons: Accuracy is mediocre at long range and sways while aiming and moving.

And for my top 6 favorite weapons as of 2015 are:

1. DB Shotgun (ALL TIME FAVORITE SHOTGUN)
This is a one-shot all or nothing. If you can strafe, know your range with this weapon and have a fair competition you will do massive destruction with this. I did some major work with this back before the Thumper came out and the Noisy Cricket became too popular.

2. Revolver
This is the best weapon medium/long range on the game. It is the best agility weapon with decent loading speed and awesome damage and if you're really pro you can even wreck at close range with accuracy.

3. Flare Gun
The Flare Gun is just a fantastic destructive weapon agility wise. I would use this if not the Blunderbuss, Revolver, or DBS.

4. Mini-Gun
This is the best heavy-machine gun I ever played with in the game. It's deadly at close to mid range, has excellent agility and fire rate. I recommend this to any heavy-machine users.

5. Hunter Rifle
This is the best mobile sniper in the game as it has +1 agility than the other sniper. So just because I will have to go with this...even if I don't snipe that much because it's not that easy on the game and I wish it was.

6. Blunderbuss
A classic close range weapon with excellent fire rate and agility. You can kill people at close range in one shot or two if you miss. This is the best and cheapest weapon you can get in the game and it's a favorite classic.

And my top 6 worst weapons of 2015 are:

1. Battle Ram
2. Noisy Cricket
3. Zap Gun
4. Grenade Launcher
5. Plasma Cannon
6. Scoped Rocket Launcher

That's all got now, comment your opinions! Thanks.

* - These are not really considered to be OP weapons, but they are still powerful in a sense

-Deus

Last edited by deus on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:42 pm; edited 17 times in total
deus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [UPDATED 7/5/15] Reviewing the best weapons in Respawnables

Post by Mercenary on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Add the Flare Gun and I'd say it's evened out.

Except that the DB Shotgun doesn't sound too incredibly OP. Besides, I find Blunderbuss is more merciless than that thing. If you have a full agility stat (I mean like 30%), doubled with the medpack gadget, you're practically OP with the Blunderbuss. DB Shotgun, you have forgiveness there due to it's lowered agility stat and such.

Double Revolver is hardly deserving of an "OP" rating. The Revolver's range is what makes it OP, the Double Revolvers has it decreased, so it can't take players out as quickly.

Other than that, everything else on that list is pretty accurate. Nice work, deus.
Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deus on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:32 am

Alright thanks Mercenary. I totally forgot about that flare gun. I rarely see people play with it.
deus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joegreenbeen on Sat May 03, 2014 5:48 pm

I think you need to add the Dual Grenade Pistols, those are just ridiculous.-_-

joegreenbeen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deus on Sat May 03, 2014 6:36 pm

joegreenbeen wrote:I think you need to add the Dual Grenade Pistols, those are just ridiculous.-_-

They're hardly even considered OP, seeing how you got to be in a distance to accurately hit someone and only work effectively in corner areas. They're somehow the most strategic dual weapons in the game and are less reckless.
deus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joegreenbeen on Sat May 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Your probably right, it is that it has near the same damage as the grenade launcher, but it is has so much agility that, if you know how to play, you can do a lot of damage. It is also a little bit better than the other dual weapons because one grenade does a lot more damage than one bullet. Sure you can easily out run the grenades, but someone using that weapon can easily outrun you, shooting at least, I am not sure on the ammo amount, 3 grenades at a time, out of no where. So, unless you are extremely fast, your an easy kill for someone with the dual grenade launcher, who can come from anywhere and before you know it, your dead. I don't know though, I just think that if it had a reasonable ammo amount, I think it would be fine, so I guess that it might be not that over powered.

joegreenbeen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deus on Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:53 pm

I've updated this post with more weapons and stats. I know it needs editing but I came back and just wanted to fill in more. Check out my favorite/worst weapons at the end of the post. Thanks.
deus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnobbyNoob on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:22 pm

Deus me and you should make a clan I am a lvl 50 I've restarted twice I have thumper anti explosive noisy cricket flare gun cold beam rifle DBS firefist shadow hunter and more

SnobbyNoob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deus on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 am

SnobbyNoob wrote:Deus me and you should make a clan I am a lvl 50 I've restarted twice I have thumper anti explosive noisy cricket flare gun cold beam rifle DBS firefist shadow hunter and more

I'm not interested in being part of any clans.
deus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deus on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Hey guys I started the Chinese New Year event yesterday and today I'm on the last tier. I'll probably get the cannon tonight and I'll post the stats as well as edit the main post.

If you see me in the game shoot a gesture or feel free to team up with me. A bunch of Thumper gear guys ran up to me and we had a good time. But I will be grinding online when I get home!
deus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deus on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:50 pm

That's it. I got the Cannon. And boy this is going to piss people off...anything to wreck Noisy Cricket users...can't wait to see what Chase releases.

Guys, get this. If you see me in game I'll be running around with this helping people out with the event and pissing off noisy cricket users in noob gear. Throw a gesture if you want me to not destroy you lmao.
deus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deus on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:27 pm

From the looks of it, the Hunter Shotgun looks like another shotgun I would've like to add to my collection, but for me nothing will beat the DBS despite the range. I'll do my best to get these SMGs from the Earth Day event, but with a new (and slightly smaller) phone with less-than-happy specs, I suffer from lag and occasional game crashes.

I want to switch over to the tablet one day, but that's something in the back of my mind and hope I can continue on my phone for now.
deus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deus on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:19 pm

Digital Legends is devastating. They are succumbing to the pay-to-win business practices and have depleted my respect. It hurts the players, old and new and it hurts you. I can only hope this Battle Ram will get nerfed soon. Sickening
deus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deus on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Event tips for July 2015:

Pay-to-win style setup (for the noobs):
- Buy the spec ops bundle to skip three tiers
- Invisibility
- Invincibility shield
- Battle Ram
- Battle Ram/Elysium armor

Pro-setups:
-Spotter/Trap medals/Medikits/Stun grenades
- Explosive gear such as the Summer Camp/Thumper/Chinese New Year/Spec Ops armor
- DBS, Blunderbuss, Dragon Breath Cannon, Automatic Shotgun, Flare Gun

Tips to matches
-For the TDM matches best to use very powerful weapons and play more defensive. Be a noob and steal all the medals. Stun grenades are super helpful.

-For FFA your easy way out is hosting a noob match and just destroying everyone with the best speed armor, spotters, and any weapon from the above list. Other than that good luck with a bunch of people using explosive gear, camping, and spawn killing.
deus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deus on Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:14 pm

At this point I'm officially no longer interested in updating this thread or playing the game. It was a nice run and I hope you guys found this useful before. So long
deus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top